Download printable version
Paxman Academy | Paxman Avenue | Colchester | Essex | CO2 9DQ
Deputy Headteacher (Teaching & Learning)
Local Government Leadership Band 17 - 21. Pay scale will be reviewed as the school grows.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Senior Leadership Team at Paxman Academy as Deputy Headteacher for Teaching, Learning and Assessment. Paxman Academy is a new STEM school which will be entering its fourth year in September 2022. It is a heavily oversubscribed school which is held in high regard in the community.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, enthusiastic and dedicated leader with a passion for raising standards through excellence in teaching and learning. As well as being an excellent subject leader, you will have a proven track record in leading positive change and will have the drive and commitment to ensure that high standards are met through the continued development of a vibrant, research-based and reflective CPD programme.
You will lead on developing the vision to meet the requirements of the quality of education section of the most recent OFSTED framework and will possess the skills and experience to implement that vision in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
We're looking for you if you have:
* Qualified Teacher Status
* Two years or more school leadership experience
* Experience of leading change and innovation in an educational context- Working towards a higher qualification in education or management.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
* Work with the Headteacher and Leadership team to create a vision of a school which can develop, empower and sustain individuals and teams of staff; then support implementation of the vision.
* Undertake a range of leadership and management roles and responsibilities as agreed with the Headteacher.
* Be a leading classroom practitioner; inspire and motivate other teachers.
* Help develop and oversee school behaviour management, systems and policies.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can Offer:
* A competitive Salary
* Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme and Childcare Voucher Scheme- A full continuous Professional Development Programme
* Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk.
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Unfortunately tours of the school are not available due to COVID restrictions.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 28th January 2022
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
Paxman Academy opened in September 2019 and admitted 180 Year 7 students in the first year.
Paxman Academy is committed to providing an ordered, stimulating learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their best. It is determined that all students should be valued through the provision of a broad, relevant, balanced and challenging curriculum that caters for individual needs; this is encouraged within an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Academy recognises its role within the broader community. It is determined to maintain a STEM focus throughout the curriculum and across extended learning opportunities. It identifies learning as a lifelong process and values the contribution made by parents and others to the creation of a partnership. Within this partnership, and through learning opportunities provided, students will develop skills, attitudes and values that prepare them to accept the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
Paxman Academy embraces the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all.