Download printable version
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic SEN Learning Support Assistant to join our successful team to provide support to pupils with communication, social, sensory or physical, medical difficulties between the hours of 9.45am to 2.30pm with a 15 minute break.
This position includes exercising adequate control and supervision of children, particularly in relation to lunch and break-times and during the daytime as required to administer any prescribed medication in accordance with directions of the school nurse or other authorised member of school staff.
You would need to be a calm, flexible team player who is able to work on their own initiative.
Experience of working with children with complex needs is essential.
The person appointed would be expected to:
· have a high level of empathy and compassion;
· have the ability to form positive relationships with colleagues and children;
· feel confident in supporting children's special educational needs and their personal care and medical needs;
· have experience of dealing with complex needs;
· be prepared to take on all medical and educational training;
· remain calm in challenging situations and work closely as part of a team;
· liaise with and report to the class teacher and SENCo;
· have a sense of humour!
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.