Download printable version
An opportunity has arisen to join our School community as an Early Years/Reception Class teacher to cover a period of maternity leave from 1st November 2021 to 15th July 2022.
Southminster C of E Primary School is located about 3 miles from Burnham on Crouch and 10 miles southeast from Maldon. St Leonard's Church is located in the centre of the town and lies close to Southminster C of E Primary School. The school enjoys a close relationship with the church. At Southminster School we all work together to recognise individual needs and support every child. We firmly believe that collective worship is an integral part of our community and through it, our children develop spiritually, morally and socially. Our class teachers are supported by an experienced team of Teaching Assistants who also take on additional responsibilities within the school. We have an efficient and dedicated team of administrative staff and a strong, supportive Local Schools Board.
The successful candidate should:
- Be an excellent teaching practitioner
- Believe in a wide, creative, engaging curriculum
- Be a team-player
- Be committed to the well-being, happiness and progress of every child
- Want to experience and contribute to the Christian character of our school
We are part of the Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust. In return we can offer:
- A supportive leadership team
- Pupils who enjoy learning and coming to school
- A caring, friendly, Christian ethos that aims to develop everyone to their full potential and where every person is valued;
- A school with a strong commitment to professional development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures which will include an advanced DBS check. Visits are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
For further information please contact Spencer Bragg at Spencer.Bragg@dcvst.org
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your completed application form to Ashleigh.Dunn@dcvst.org