Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant
Salary: NJC 3-6 (FTE-£18,562 - £19,312)
Possible Job share options
Inspire their remarkable with us
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Learning Support Assistant. Part of the role will be to support a child within the foundation stage.
The successful candidate will need to hold at least NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent qualifications), Maths and English GCSE Grade C or equivalent and have had the experience of working in KS2 and feel confident that they are able to support the teaching and learning demands of this year group.
The successful candidate will be:
- Resilient and positive, showing initiative and flexibility
- Have a confident grasp of literacy and mathematics
- Be able to work as part of a team under the direction of the class teacher
- Firm and consistent, but fun
- Approachable, patient and understanding
- Have a good sense of humour
Plumberow Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Plumberow Primary Academy is a large three form entry primary academy in Hockley. During our recent (June 2018) inspect, Ofsted graded Plumberow Good in all areas. Attainment is high and the academy is proud of the outstanding behaviour of its learners.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We'll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We'll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what's best for your children.
- More chance to see what's out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others' experience - You're connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date- Wednesday 22 September 2021
Interview dates- Thursday 23 September/ Friday 24 September and Monday 27 September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
Information about the School
Plumberow Primary Academy is a large three form entry primary school in Hockley. We converted to academy status in September 2011 and we are part of the Academies Enterprise Trust.
During our last (March 2014) inspection, Ofsted graded Plumberow Good in all areas. Attainment is high and the academy is proud of the outstanding behaviour of its learners.