Download printable version
THE STANWAY SCHOOL
Pay Range: Teachers Unqualified Pay Scale 2 £20,282 (Point UQ1- UQ6)
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking an outstanding individual to work closely with young people in order to raise attainment and reduce gaps in knowledge. This will involve small group tuition with both KS3 and KS4 students.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- To plan high quality sessions to develop key knowledge and skills at both KS3 and KS4. These may be delivered in person or virtually.
- To liaise with classroom teachers and the Senior Progress Leader for English to identify focus areas for intervention. To provide objective and accurate feedback/reports to teachers.
- Deliver individual or small group English intervention sessions. This may be virtually or in person.
- Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- Experience working with young people in a learning environment.
- Appropriate qualifications to teach English. This could include: PGCE in English, A Level English, excellent Literacy skills and strong subject knowledge.
- Can use ICT effectively to support learning and deliver sessions virtually if necessary.
- Work effectively as part of a team and contribute to group thinking, planning etc.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway School?
We can offer you:
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
The working hours for this post are to be confirmed. This is a Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2021.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midnight Wednesday 29th September, 2021
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 30th September,2021
Interviewing date TBC.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
About The Stanway School
The Stanway School is a heavily over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with over 1,300 students currently on roll, the vast majority of whom live in Stanway and the surrounding villages to the west of Colchester. The school is a specialist school in Humanities and Maths & Computing. We have undertaken a huge rebuilding programme and the Creative Arts block, the latest phase of our expansion project, opened in September 2018. By 2021, all year groups will be full with 280 students following this expansion of the school buildings. This is an exciting time to join an already successful school that is looking to continually improve practice: staff are enthusiastic and many take part in voluntary research groups into key areas of school life; students are well-behaved and achieve results above expectation; the culture of the school is calm and purposeful.
In March 2012 The Stanway School converted to an academy and in September 2016 joined the newly formed Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools located in North East Essex covering both Colchester and Tendring.
The Stanway School