Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant (SEN)
Fixed term contract until 31/08/2022 (Due to review of SEN funding)
Band 3 points 4-5
Hours 8.45am - 15.20pm, Monday - Friday (term time only)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and effective Learning Support Assistant. The successful candidate will become part of our friendly and hard-working team which is dedicated to ensuring our children learn and are well cared for.
· Providing personalised learning support within a classroom setting, as directed by the Class Teacher and SENCo.
· Supporting pupils with speech and language and social interaction needs.
· Helping develop fine and gross motor skills.
· Acting as a positive role model for pupils, encouraging growth mindset.
The ideal candidate will need:
· to hold at least Maths and English GCSE Grade C or equivalent.
· to demonstrate competence in supporting students within a learning environment where you encourage them to achieve and make good progress.
· to be resilient and positive, showing initiative and flexibility.
· to have excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
· to be able to work as part of a team under the direction of the class teacher.
· to be well organised and efficient.
· to have experience of classroom behaviour management skills.
· to have experience of supporting pupils with SEN in a learning environment and be willing to assist with personal care should the need arise.
· to have prior experience of working with pupils with ASD, ADHD and SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) needs.
· to have experience of EYFS curriculum, alongside Primary Curriculum, would be useful.
In return we can offer the successful candidate
· the opportunity to work with our lovely children.
· a CPD entitlement for all staff.
· supportive colleagues who want the best possible opportunities for children.
· an exciting and happy working environment.
Rochford Primary is a happy and inclusive school. Our children are well-behaved and eager to learn, and our staff are supportive and committed.
Visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact Sherrie Anderson on 01702 544342 to book your visit. Applications should be made via www.essexschoolsjobs.co.uk. CV's will not be accepted.