Download printable version
28.75 hours per week. Salary - Scale 7
We are looking for a Higher Level Learning Support Assistant Plus to work within Connected Learning Multi Academy Trust based at Templars Academy in Manor House.
Manor House is an Alternative provision for children within our MAT, based at Templars Academy, who sometimes experience extreme behaviours. They all have difficulties with SEMH that can lead to these behaviours. You must be able to work strongly as a team.
There is a great deal of staff support within this provision and although the class can be challenging at times, it is also very rewarding.
We require the candidates to:-
· Have excellent Literacy and Numeracy skills, it is essential that you hold GSCE grades A-C in English and Maths or equivalent
· Be educated to NVQ Level 4 in learning support or have an equivalent qualification
· Have experience in a school environment
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Have the ability to work on their own initiative
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
· To be flexible
We can offer:
· An established Multi-Academy Trust of Primary Schools who work closely together
· Engaged and enthusiastic pupils
· Excellent CPD opportunities
· Motivated and experienced staff
· Ongoing support and mentoring
Please contact Michelle Smith, HR Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit to Templars Academy.
Templars Academy is a busy but friendly school, with lots going on.
Templars Academy is part of the Connected Learning Multi-Academy Trust, a primary only multi-academy trust with 5 schools. Please see www.connnectedlearningmat.co.uk for further details.
Templars Academy is located on Cressing Road in Witham, Essex. Our large fenced site benefits from excellent facilities. This includes two school buildings, each with disabled access and toilets, a disabled car parking space close by, and their own halls. We have extensive landscaped grounds, a fully air-conditioned ICT suite and a well-stocked library. The staff and children thoroughly enjoy working together across the school sites. We are constantly seeking to improve the learning experiences for children and have created a curriculum which captures their interest in line with the current national curriculum.
Our vision has recently changed to reflect the way our 5 schools in the MAT work together and are connected. 'All parts to make the whole' encapsulates the spirit of togetherness. We know that together we are stronger and, with your support, strive to provide the very best education for the children in our care, within a nurturing and caring environment.
Connected Learning Multi-Academy Trust are committed to:
· Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
· Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of difference backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
· The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.