Download printable version
St Mary's Catholic Primary School is seeking to appoint a full time Teaching Assistant to work five days a week including MDA supervision daily, primarily to support a pupil with special needs on a fixed term contract ending on 22nd July 2022.
The hours will be 27.5 hours per week. The working hours are from 8.30am until 3.15pm each day, term time only and in addition, 5 days INSET training as required at the discretion of the Headteacher.
Band: 3 Point: 8 - 16 Plus Fringe (Actual Working Salary Range: £12,015 to £13,703 including fringe allowance)
The successful applicant will:
• Be enthusiastic, confident and able to show initiative and resilience
• Be an effective communicator with pupils and staff
• Is self-motivated with high expectations of self and others
• Hold at least an A - C pass in GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent)
• Have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration.
The successful applicant would be expected to:
• Work under direct supervision of the class teachers and/or the Higher Level Teaching Assistants and be expected to use their own initiative to organise activities and tasks to support a pupil with special needs.
• Use initiative and contribute to creating a stimulating and purposeful learning environment.
• Work in partnership with other Teaching Assistants.
• Provide feedback to the class teacher on pupil's progress.
• Support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for the pupil.
• Support other children where needed.
• Create simple resources to support the pupils work, as appropriate.
• Attend INSET days and training as identified by the Head teacher
• Be fully supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school.
We are committed to ensuring that every child in our community has access to the highest possible standard of education.
We want to appoint staff, who share our high expectations of everyone in our community, who enjoy working as a member of a team and who take a solution-focused approach. We are also fully committed to a comprehensive programme of Professional Development for staff at all levels.
For further information or a visit to our school please contact Alison Bishop tel: 01375 843254 or email: email@example.com
All candidates are subject to safer recruitment procedures and this post is subject to successful medical checks, references and an enhanced DBS check. Previous candidates need not apply.