Download printable version
Have you got what it takes to work with children that are school refusers, have complex behaviours or are on the verge of permanent exclusion?
Can you ensure every pupil has the best chance of succeeding in life?
Do you want an exciting and rewarding career with an organisation that genuinely cares about you and every child we work with?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivational and professional assistant Mentor to work with children who are regarded as being on the 'cliff edge' or 'slipping through the net'. We want every pupil to have the best chance of succeeding in life through a holistic and inclusive approach with education, families and other service providers. We are looking for a particularly unique individual to work with us at REACH Essex Ltd.
The person we are looking for WILL stand out from the crowd!
The role includes:
SUPPORT FOR PUPILS
- Developing appropriate positive and supportive relationships with pupils
- Being aware of the differing needs of pupils
- Assisting with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans
- Having high expectations which stretch, motivate and challenge pupils and promote self-esteem and independence
- Providing feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement
SUPPORT FOR THE TEACHER / SENIOR MENTORS / MENTORS / PROGRAMME FACILITATORS
- Using strategies to support pupils to achieve learning goals,
- Adapting resources when necessary to best suits the individual needs of the pupils
- Planning learning activities
- Monitoring pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately recording achievement/progress
- Establishing constructive relationships with parents/carers
SUPPORT FOR THE CURRICULUM
- Delivering structured and agreed learning activities/mentoring programmes,
- Adjusting activities according to pupil needs
- Delivering programmes of intervention
- Recording achievement/progress and feeding back to the management
- Promoting the use of ICT in learning activities
- Developing pupil competence and independence in the use of technology
- Preparing and maintaining equipment/resources required to meet the programme plans/relevant learning activity
- Assist pupils in the use equipment and resources
SUPPORT FOR REACH ESSEX
- Taking part in training and CPD, as required
- Appreciating and supporting the role of colleagues and other professionals in external services
- Building constructive relationships with employees and business partners
- Attending and actively participating in relevant meetings, as required
- Providing supervision for pupils
- Supporting teaching staff / programme facilitators / senior mentors / mentors and pupils on visits, trips in the community as required
- Taking responsibility for pupils under the supervision of the teacher
- Being a role model for pupils and colleagues in terms of behaviour and attitude
- Ensuring punctuality, attendance and professionalism at all times
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Adhering to policies and regulations including those relating to employee conduct, equal opportunities, health and safety, safeguarding and child protection
- Carrying out other associated duties as may be required by the line manager or director
Information about the School
We believe in investing in people. As professionals in the helping profession, we believe and aspire to offer a better future to those children, young people and families we work with.
Success for us means unleashing the potential of each individual we engage with, so they can grow and develop each day, to be better versions of themselves.
Our values are grounded in our determination to be the change we want to see in the world, through passion, commitment and integrity.
We want to plant a seed of kindness and compassion in a generation that will produce resilience & hope and enable them to fulfill their own destinies.
Our success therefore will be measured in the lives we changed through REACH.