Download printable version
We are seeking to appoint a Caretaker who will take pride in looking after our school building and grounds, keeping it maintained to the highest standards. A school house is available for the successful candidate should they wish to reside on site with a subsidised rent.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
· Maintain site security
· Have good practical skills for undertaking general repairs and maintenance around the premises, both inside and out
· Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety and a willingness to attend training courses as required, eg fire safety, water hygiene, asbestos management
· Relate well to pupils and staff and interact with them in a friendly and positive manner
· Liaise with the Headteacher, line manager, external contractors and other staff members
· Be willing to contribute ideas and solutions to problems
A full job description can be viewed on the school website www.eversley.essex.sch.uk and an application form is available for downloading.
There may be some late working for Governors' meetings, parents' evenings and other events for which flexibility is essential. The Caretaker is expected to attend emergencies outside of school hours.
Previous experience within a school setting or of maintaining buildings is desirable.
The working week will consist of 37 hours, and the pay range is Scale 3 - (starting salary £18,933, plus an outer fringe amount of £626 per annum).
Interested applicants should contact the school to arrange a visit. Please contact Allison Hills, Administrator to arrange an appointment, by phone on 01268 555 333 or email to arrange an appointment (email@example.com).