Download printable version
25 hours per week term time only contract will be attached to the pupil for a fixed term
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, motivated and committed learning Support Assistant to join our creative, friendly primary school. The role will involve working alongside the SENCo, class teaching team and outside agencies to support learning.
The successful applicant should have:
● Recent experience of working with children with SEN or a willingness to learn and develop skills.
● Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
● A commitment to achieving the best for every child.
● A high level of motivation.
● A good standard of education: Maths and English GCSE grades A-C or equivalent.
● Flexibility and a good sense of humour.
● Have the ability to follow direction but also be proactive and use own initiative.
They will be required to:
● Provide support in class; individually, in small group situations and as part of the class teaching team.
● Follow direction from the class teacher and SENCo.
● Source, prepare and adapt resources.
● Follow programs developed by professionals, including health professionals, and attend reviews in school.
● Develop the child's social skills and provide emotional support.
You will be joining part of a nurturing and professional team, committed to staff development.
Further details are available from: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the School
Hare Street Community Primary School is an Outstanding, popular and friendly school in spacious and well-established grounds. We have a creative curriculum, based on first hand child centred experiences. We are very well resourced for all curriculum areas. We provide many training and development opportunities for our own staff.