Download printable version
Job Title: SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant/Midday Assistant - Bardfield Academy
Hours per week: 31 hours and 40 minutes
Weeks: 38 weeks (Term time only)
Point: 6 - 7 (Depending on experience)
Actual Salary: £14,445.46 to £14,725.49 per annum including fringe allowance (depending on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: 26th September 2021 at midnight
Interview date: 4th October 2021
Bardfield Academy are seeking to recruit a positive and dynamic SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant/Midday Assistant, with the main responsibilities being to provide Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) provision for existing pupils, including development and delivery of intervention planning.
The role will also involve supporting both teaching and support staff in addressing the needs of students who need help to overcome barriers to learning, both inside and outside school, in order to achieve their full potential, and to support the SENDCo with wider SEN duties.
The successful candidate will be required to work 31 hours 40 minutes per week, Monday to Thursday 8:15 am to 3:15 pm and Friday 8:15 am to 2:00 pm with 25 minutes lunch break each day and will need to be able to follow a 'One Plan' under the guidance of the Class Teacher and SENCO and preferably to have experience of working with children with disabilities or learning difficulties.
The successful candidate will:
● Have experience working with students with autism and Autism and Social communication difficulties
● Have previous experience with SEND in a school environment.
● Be a confident, outgoing and personable individual with a passion for helping people.
● Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
● Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example
We can offer:
● Bardfield Academy is a creative hub of excellence where a strong unique child centred curriculum encourages all children to achieve to their full potential.
● A great team spirit permeates this good school.
● Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
● A dedicated team who are supportive and nurturing.
● A forward thinking, proactive Trust that is dedicated to the success of its pupils and staff.
● A dynamic and collaborative team of leadership who are dedicated and committed to the success of pupils and staff alike.
● Leadership Academy - establishing professional pathways for all employees to reach their potential by targeted CPD and career development.
● Early close on Friday with occasional inset training.
Additional training will be provided for the right candidate.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01268 553488 to arrange an appointment. We strongly recommend you visit the school to help you decide whether this is a role for you.
Bardfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.