Download printable version
THE STANWAY SCHOOL
Pay Range: Local Government Band 5 £20,493- £21,748 (Point 8 - 11)
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking an outstanding individual to supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Supervise pupils engaged in learning activities.
- Provide objective and accurate feedback to the teacher on the conduct of the lesson
- Keep appropriate records as agreed with the teacher
- Assist with entering details of absence and cover required on the SIMS Cover programme.
- To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- GCSE Grade A-C in English & Maths
- Successful experience of a learning support role
- Being aware of and working with the School's policies in relation to inclusion, safeguarding and physical contact with students
- Good working knowledge of ICT to support learning and performance of own role
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway School?
We can offer you:
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
This post is 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days), however, we are willing to consider applications from people who are able to work fewer hours per week.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midday Friday 24th September 2021
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 27th September
Interviewing date TBC
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
About The Stanway School
The Stanway School is a heavily over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with over 1,300 students currently on roll, the vast majority of whom live in Stanway and the surrounding villages to the west of Colchester. The school is a specialist school in Humanities and Maths & Computing. We have undertaken a huge rebuilding programme and the Creative Arts block, the latest phase of our expansion project, opened in September 2018. By 2021, all year groups will be full with 280 students following this expansion of the school buildings. This is an exciting time to join an already successful school that is looking to continually improve practice: staff are enthusiastic and many take part in voluntary research groups into key areas of school life; students are well-behaved and achieve results above expectation; the culture of the school is calm and purposeful.
In March 2012 The Stanway School converted to an academy and in September 2016 joined the newly formed Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools located in North East Essex covering both Colchester and Tendring.
The Stanway School