Download printable version
The Headteacher, Governors and Children are looking to recruit an innovative and dynamic Catering Manager/School Chef to produce 100+ school dinners a day plus breakfasts. You will be qualified to City and Guilds or NVQ Level 2 or equivalent and have experience of working in a high-volume catering operation. Enthusiasm and passion for cooking healthy, nutritious and delicious food is vital, as we want to provide the best quality meals possible.
The successful candidate will be organised, customer focused, able to prioritise and be a team player with a friendly and flexible approach.
We are looking for someone to bring fresh ideas and innovation to the school menus for pupils and possibly develop a break time healthy snack menu as well.
You must be well-presented and have a high level of personal hygiene.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leading and participating in the preparation and cooking of meals and snacks
· Plan menus that are exciting, tasty and meet the school food regulations
· Ensure all meals leaving the kitchen are presented to a high standard
· Order all food and commodities
· Source great local produce
· Operate and control stock and ensure completion of appropriate records for food hygiene standards, etc.
· Complete all administration related to the catering operation
· Manage effectively a team of kitchen staff
· Comply to hygiene regulations at all times
· Ensure the kitchen is clean, well maintained and organised at all times
· Attend training as and when required
We can offer you a great supportive working environment in a lovely school filled with great children, the opportunity to have a job that fits in with school holidays and provides professional development.
We are an equal opportunities employer and will select applicants for interview based on their ability.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: Sunday 26th September 2021
Start Date: 1st November 2021
25 hours a week.
Scale 5 £20 493-£21 748 (pro-rata)
Working hours are term time, Monday to Friday (8am-1.30pm with 30 minute break)plus 5 non-pupil days.
Please make an appointment for an informal visit with Clare French (Headteacher) who would be happy to show you around the school to meet the team and show you the kitchen.
Information about the School
Kendall Church of England is a welcoming, happy, caring church school, where creativity is encouraged and everyone has confidence in their own abilities.
We promote good social skills and participation in the Christian ethos of our school. We value others whatever their background or beliefs and respect our environment.
We always aim high and do our best, cherish our friendships and respect everyone's right to learn. We ensure that the key skills, vital for a successful future are taught to all of our children.