Download printable version
St Mary's C of E Primary School
SEN Learning Support & Welfare Assistant
St Mary's C of E Primary School are looking to appoint an experienced SEN Learning Support Assistant to provide one to one support for a child with complex needs, including personal care.
Start Date: As soon as possible. Fixed Term contract until 31st August 2022 with the possibility of a further contract. The position is 30 hours a week for 39 weeks a year, Monday to Friday during term time.
Pay Range: Scale 3 Actual Salary £13,101 (which includes paid annual leave which must be taken during school closure periods).
Applications close: 1st October at Midday -
Interview date: 7th October 2021
St Mary's C of E Primary School is a half form primary located in the small village of Woodham Ferrers in Chelmsford. We are one of eight schools that form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.
We are looking for a person who:
• can think creatively to engage, enthuse and motivate children to learn
• has a high level of emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills
• is passionate about supporting all pupils, demonstrating empathy and understanding of different needs
• is confident and able to work with pupils with challenging needs, including social and emotional needs/behaviours
• has a good understanding of the development of pupils with additional needs
• has an understanding of different communication systems or is willing to learn
• is flexible and can work on their own initiative
• has a belief in inclusion, diversity and access and the right of each pupil to maximise their potential whatever their needs and abilities
• works well as part of a team and has a commitment to improving and developing their own practice
We can offer you:
• a well-resourced learning environment with an enthusiastic and supportive staff
• a forward looking school that is dedicated to the success of all children and staff
• a commitment to continued professional development
• a creative, engaging and well-resourced curriculum
We strongly advise a visit to the school is made prior to application. Visits can be arranged by contacting the headteacher at email@example.com or by phone 01245 320505.
As part of your application, you may be required to sit a skills test for Maths and English.
Please take care to complete the application in full, as any incomplete applications will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Internal applicants should submit a supporting statement to The Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.