Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant
LGS Scale 3 (Point 4-5)
28.75 hours per week (8.40 a.m. to 3.10 p.m. Monday to Friday)
39 working weeks (44.5 paid weeks)
Actual annual salary from £12,555
Start Date - As soon as possible
The Learning Academy, home to our Special Educational Needs (SEN) department, is integral to the ongoing success of the school, and our Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) are a vital part of the team. We are implementing a number of innovative and exciting changes and we are looking for an excellent LSA to join us on a fixed term basis whilst the substantive post holder is undertaking another temporary role within the school. You will become part of a positive, aspirational and fun team that values the contribution of its LSA's immensely and help us to help our KS3 and KS4 SEN students to fulfil their potential.
Training can be provided and ongoing professional development will be encouraged.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Working with individuals or small groups of children in collaboration with teaching staff;
· Proactively supporting students with activities designed to enhance numeracy and literacy;
· Supporting SEN students in gaining the ability to utilise IT in the classroom;
· Promoting positive behaviour, raising esteem and encouraging an aspirational culture;
· Working with SEN students to foster their development as independent learners.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· A good standard of education (ideally Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent);
· A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself;
· Excellent organisational skills and competence in common IT applications;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative;
· An enthusiastic, can-do attitude with a good sense of humour.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Thomas Lord Audley School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
This post is 28.75 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days), however, we are willing to consider applications from people who are able to work fewer hours per week.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 23rd September 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
The Thomas Lord Audley School is a high performing, over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with just under 800 students (capacity 840), situated to the south of Colchester. It is the "most improved school in Essex" (Essex LA September 2016). It serves a diverse catchment area including Old Heath, Monkwick, Shrub End and the villages to the south of Colchester including the community of Mersea Island.
Categorised as good and rapidly improving in its recent Ofsted inspection, it has been commended for the quality of its leadership, the standard of its teaching, and the welfare, behaviour and achievement of its pupils.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, St Helena School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. In the past, the school has benefited from the Stanway Federation’s programme of seconding high quality staff between schools and the development of wide-ranging in-service training which has led to on-going school improvement. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust can only enhance this development.