Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant-EYFS (FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
Scale 3 Point 4
15 hours per week (term time only) - 8.45 - 11.45 a.m. daily
Required October 4th 2021 - this is a fixed term contract until the end of the Spring Term 2022.
We are seeking to appoint a one to one Learning Support Assistant to join our strong team - the successful candidate will be based in one of our Reception classes. The role involves working one to one with a Reception pupil.
You will have a good understanding of the Early Years curriculum and will support the pupil's general learning needs, as well as their personal care.
We are looking for someone who
- is 'hands on' and can bring energy, enthusiasm and a sense of fun to the role
- is caring, dedicated and patient and willing to use their own initiative to support the classteacher
- has experience of working in a school environment
- has experience of supporting children with additional needs
- has an understanding of child development and how children learn
- has very good personal numeracy, literacy/grammar and ICT skills (minimum GCSE Grade C or equivalent)
- is able to work in close partnership with the classteachers and staff team
All applications must be made online please (via the Essex Jobs website), using the standard Essex application form. Please note that we do not accept CVs and that the application form must be completed in full.Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications which are not completed in full. Please note that we may not be able to reply individually to every application and if you do not hear from us within seven days of the closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Myland Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment will be subject to safer recruitment procedures, including an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and medical clearance.