Download printable version
Pastoral support Officer
LGS Scale 5 Point 8-11 £16544 - £17559 (actual salary range pa)
35 hours per week
working 39 weeks per year
To commence: ASAP
We are seeking to appoint a Pastoral Support Assistant to join our team to provide support to students and parents.
The Role will involve:
· Supporting and facilitating effective home/school relationships for students with emotional and/or behavioural difficulties
· Encouraging and facilitating the use of consistent behaviour management strategies in home and school
· Establishing and co-ordinating links with parents/carers, school staff, behaviour support colleagues and external agencies as appropriate with a clear understanding about confidentiality
· Supporting the safeguarding team, students and parents/carers when incidents arise. To attend meetings with regard to safeguarding issue should the need arise.
· A good standard of education
(ideally Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent);
· A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself;
· Excellent organisational skills and competence in common IT applications;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative;
· An enthusiastic, can-do attitude with a good sense of humour.
· Commitment to safeguarding and child protection
If you would like further information please contact David Nash, Assistant Headteacher or for an application pack please contact Theresa Sutton, Personnel Assistant as follows:
Tel: 01787 460470