Download printable version
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
27.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday 8.30am - 3.00pm with one hour lunch break)
Local Government Scale 6. Actual salary £13,692.04 - £15,116.61
We are looking for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our staff team at St George's Church of England Primary School. The role will involve supporting groups of children in the classroom as well as leading whole classes to cover teachers' non-contact time.
If you are a confident practitioner with a passion for supporting children both academically and pastorally, please arrange to come and visit the school to find out more about us.
We are looking for someone who is:
· An experienced Learning Support Assistant, preferably with the HLTA qualification
· Keen to immerse themselves in the life of our school and our community
· Resourceful and able to work independently as well as with the team
· Passionate about supporting pupils to achieve to the best of their ability
· Confident to manage groups and classes of pupils, with a confident, flexible approach to classroom management
· Able to listen thoughtfully and reflect
We can offer the right candidate:
· The opportunity to be part of a hardworking, professional staff team
· Professional development opportunities linked to our school improvement priorities
· Happy children who are eager to learn
· A supportive leadership team and Governing Body
· A commitment to improvement and an openness to new ideas
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please call the school office on 01206 230305 or email the Headteacher, Mrs Rebecca Keitch, at email@example.com to arrange or for further details.