Download printable version
Playworker for Before and After School Club
Part-time, permanent term time plus 5 inset days - hours per week 21 ¼
Salary Scale 3 Point 3-5 on the LGS Essex School Pay Scales
An enthusiastic, practical and reliable person is required to join our Bridge the Gap Before and After School Team.
Key duties will include:
- To assist children in play activities and to ensure they play appropriately.
- To clear games apparatus when finished and monitor use.
- To maintain good order and discipline among pupils whilst involved in play activities, with particular reference to health and safety.
- To provide a snack for the children attending club and assisting with the preparation and clearing of food and equipment following snack time.
- Collection and drop off of children to and from Howbridge Junior School and Holy Family School.
- To plan and prepare resources for activities for children of different age ranges.
Previous experience in a similar position is desirable.
The Club operates between 7.45 - 9.00am and 3.10 - 6.00pm daily and you will need to be available to work during these times.
We can offer:
- A friendly and welcoming school with hardworking and committed staff
- Opportunities for CPD
The Governing Body is committed to:
- safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
- promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- the fundamental British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
The closing date for applications is 20th September 2021
Interviews will take place on 5th October 2021