Download printable version
Scale 3 Points 4-5
37 hours a week (Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 3.30pm, Friday 7.30am to 3pm)
38 working weeks per year (term time only)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and organised Administrative/Attendance Assistant to join ourteam.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a successful and aspirational school. In this role you will work alongside the front office, where you will support the day to day running of the reception area, from dealing with enquires from parents to ensuring safeguarding and security procedures are adhered to. As part of the Attendance assistant you will work alongside the Pastoral Team, providing support for the wellbeing of the young people of our school to have a positive impact on their lives and education.
What you'll need to succeed:
· Excellent communication
· A positive 'can-do' attitude, inclusive values and a great sense of humour!
· A team player
· Ability to provide timely and accurate information
. Good organisational skills
- Welcome parents and visitors to the school and liaise with appropriate staff
- To be responsible for the general tidiness of the Reception area, including maintenance and upkeep notices and leaflets.
- To receive and deal with enquiries from parents, staff, students and governors, both over the telephone and in person.
- To undertake administrative duties relating to pupil punctuality, attendance and general records.
- To input and ensure the accuracy of data onto the computer and SIMS systems.
- To contact parents/guardians on a daily basis concerning student absence.
A full list of Duties will be found on the Job Description
We can offer you:
Staff who are committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for students
- An excellent school environment
- A school committed to your professional development
- To work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated
The closing date for applications is Midday Monday 20th September 2021.
Interviews to be confirmed.
The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is committed within its schools to:
· Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual and cultural development of children and young people;
· Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
· The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share in this commitment.
As a trust, we welcome applications from colleagues from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from colleagues from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds and people that identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender plus (LGBT+) as these groups are currently underrepresented in our trust.
In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on an application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.
Information about the School
The Boswells School is a large 11-18 secondary school that serves the area of north Chelmsford. The school is an extremely popular, over-subscribed convertor academy that enjoys an excellent reputation in the local and wider community. We were graded ‘Good’ in every area by OFSTED in February 2017 and are working towards our goal of becoming a truly great school.