Download printable version
Required immediately - The Governing body of Grays Convent High School would like to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Part-time Cover Supervisor, for 2 days per week (Monday and Tuesday), to supervise classes in the event of short-term absence, usually covering one class consistently for no more than three consecutive days. To manage and supervise pupil behaviour. To contribute to the maintenance of effective school administration.
The successful candidate will:
· Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the School policy
· Supporting the Curriculum Plan and Learning Programmes designed by the Teacher.
· Responding to any questions from pupils about processes and procedures.
· Providing feedback to the Classroom Teacher on the pupils' progress against lesson plans, conduct of the lesson and keeping pupil related records.
· Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the School's policies and procedures
· Lunchtime supervision, if required.
We can offer you:
· A personal and caring approach
· A calm and inspiring environment
· Career support and continued professional development
This a term time only post contracted for the current academic year, in the first instance. The contract will run from the commencement of employment to 20th July 2022. You will work 2 days per week (Monday and Tuesday) 8.20am-3.25pm. This is a Band 4 position and the actual salary range is £5,966 - £6,913, dependent on experience.
Grays Convent High School is a successful all girls' Catholic Secondary School with a PAN of 646 students based in Thurrock, Essex. We are a high-performing school that has risen to become the top performing school in Thurrock.
With a successful OFSTED 'Good' judgment comfortably secured in November 2017, we are now pushing towards 'outstanding' status, with all of the excitement of setting and achieving the highest standards on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population.
Further details and an application pack are available on the school website, www.graysconvent.thurrock.sch.uk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that CVs will not be accepted for this post and all applicants are required to complete the school application form.