Download printable version
We are looking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant Plus (HLSA+) to work at Templars Academy, one of the schools within Connected Learning Multi Academy Trust.
This position is for 25 hours per week (between 8.45am - 3.00pm, Monday - Friday).
Scale 7 point 19 (point range 19 - 24), 43.3 weeks per year (term time only), Actual Salary £14,297 - £16,088.
We are looking to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual, who enjoys using their own initiative as well as working as part of a team.
This position requires someone who can deliver/cover whole class lessons, for release cover. You will have support from a highly experienced team.
We require the candidates to:-
- Have excellent Literacy and Numeracy skills, it is essential that you hold GSCE grades A-C in English and Maths or equivalent
- Be educated to NVQ Level 4 in learning support or have an equivalent qualification
- Have experience in a school environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have good organisational skills
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Cover PPA sessions in class
- Whole class teaching
- To be flexible
We can offer:
- An established Multi-Academy Trust of Primary Schools who work closely together
- Engaged and enthusiastic pupils
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Motivated and experienced staff
- Ongoing support and mentoring
Please apply online or contact Michelle Smith, HR Manager by email at email@example.com.
Templars Academy is a busy but friendly school, with lots going on.
Templars Academy is part of the Connected Learning Multi-Academy Trust, a primary only multi-academy trust with 5 schools. Please see www.connnectedlearningmat.co.uk for further details.
Templars Academy is located on Cressing Road in Witham, Essex. Our large fenced site benefits from excellent facilities. This includes two school buildings, each with disabled access and toilets, a disabled car parking space close by, and their own halls. We have extensive landscaped grounds, a fully air-conditioned ICT suite and a well-stocked library. The staff and children thoroughly enjoy working together across the school sites. We are constantly seeking to improve the learning experiences for children and have created a curriculum which captures their interest in line with the current national curriculum.
Our vision has recently changed to reflect the way our 5 schools in the MAT work together and are connected. 'All parts to make the whole' encapsulates the spirit of togetherness. We know that together we are stronger and, with your support, strive to provide the very best education for the children in our care, within a nurturing and caring environment.
Connected Learning Multi-Academy Trust are committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
- Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of difference backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.