Download printable version
Hours 4pm -6pm every day
Purpose of the job:
To undertake cleaning within the school using a variety of methods including machinery and adhering to safety regulations.
Duties and responsibilities:
· To carry out cleaning in all areas of the school, to include, vacuuming, wet wiping, dusting, mopping, etc.
· Frequency of cleaning to be undertaken as directed by the Line Manager.
· To carry out as necessary the replacement of toilet rolls, paper towels and the replacement of bin liners.
· To assist as necessary with the cleaning up after break-in or vandalism.
· To undertake training in the correct use of cleaning equipment such as floor machines and vacuum cleaners, and in the safe use of cleaning chemicals.
· To notify the Line Manager of any damage to buildings or equipment or of anything you see that may be dangerous to pupils or/or staff.
· To undertake any training commensurate with the post.
· All employees are expected to show a responsible attitude to health and safety issues and have due regard for their personal safety and that of others.
· This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
· Support, uphold and contribute to the development of the school's equal rights policies and practices in respect of both employment issues and the delivery of services to the community.
· The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Headteacher or Business Manager to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
Information about the School
As a school we are committed to achieving the very best for our pupils and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Chalkwell Hall Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Appointments are subject to satisfactory references, DBS and medical checks.