Download printable version
St Helena School
Site Assistant - Fixed Term until 31st December 2021
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 3, Point 4 - Actual Salary £16,158 per annum
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Start Date: Immediate
We are looking for a reliable, energetic and organised Site Assistant to join our busy team as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will be organised, friendly and a team player and will be willing to work hard around the school site, and use common sense to help keep the site safe, clean and in good repair.
Responsibilities will include:
- caretaking duties,
- maintenance work (including the grounds),
- some general and emergency cleaning, emergency repairs,
- liaising with contractors and school users.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
We are ideally looking for someone who could work Monday to Friday, and who is happy to work a shift pattern (our opening times are between 6am and 9pm). A flexible approach and a willingness to occasionally cover colleagues will be helpful, especially during particularly busy periods, annual leave and absence.
Applicants must be fit and healthy. A clean driving licence would be useful, but not essential.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- Experience of caretaking and/or buildings maintenance and security
- Good knowledge of security, heating plant and other building systems
- Is adaptable, receptive to new ideas and willing to adjust to new demands and circumstances
- Aware of information sources and how to get information needed
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We Can Offer You:
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com quoting reference 715. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 17th September 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
St Helena School, part of the Sigma Trust, is a highly-regarded 11-16 co-educational Academy, recognised as Good by Ofsted in 2014 and now on a journey to Outstanding. Located on 17 acres in historic Colchester, the school has a fine blend of traditional and modern facilities and opened a £2.5m new Science block in 2015, and a £2.5m all weather pitch facility in February 2016.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, The Thomas Lord Audley School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust, St Helena has developed and enhanced its development of outstanding professional practice.