Download printable version
37.5 hours a week
Monday - Friday: 07.00-10.00 & 13.30-18.00
Scale 5 (Points 8-11 - £20,493-£21,748)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, efficient, flexible, friendly and reliable caretaker to join our team at Roach Vale Primary School and take overall responsibility for keeping our school building and grounds presentable, compliant and fit for providing a high quality education to our pupils.
This is an all year round post that includes working during the school holidays and will include some unsociable hours for parent's evenings, school fetes and school productions. During school holidays the shifts may be consolidated.
Duties will include:
· Being a key holder to unlock the school in the morning and lock up at night and attending to emergencies out of school hours
· Replenishing stock e.g. toilet rolls, hand wash, hand towels
· Manual handling of deliveries, checking them off and reporting any shortfall
· Routine testing of water temperatures, fire alarm, emergency lighting etc.
· Minor repairs to equipment and buildings and organising a maintenance schedule
· Liaising with contractors and suppliers
· Litter picking
· Keeping the outside area tidy including sweeping, minor gardening, emptying playground bins, window cleaning, cleaning gutters
Previous experience in buildings maintenance is desirable but training will be given and mentoring will be available from the North Essex Premises Group Manager. You should be able to demonstrate good ICT, literacy and numeracy skills for accurate record keeping, emailing and ordering supplies online.
It is essential that you like working with children and can relate well and interact with them in a friendly and positive manner. When unlocking the gates, you are the first face our pupils and parents see. It is always nice if that face is a friendly one.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. For more information on the role and to arrange a virtual tour of the school please contact Lorraine Boutell.
Information about the School
Roach Vale Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to safer recruitment procedures including satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS and medical check.