Download printable version
1:1 Learning Support Assistant
Fixed term for one year in the first instance.
27.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday 8.30am - 3.00pm with one hour lunch break)
Local Government Scale 3. Actual salary £11,686.04 - £11,919.97
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join our staff team at St George's Church of England Primary School. The role will involve being the key worker for a pupil within our mixed Year One/Two class.
If you are a confident practitioner with a passion for supporting children emotionally as well as academically, please arrange to come and visit the school to find out more about us and the role.
We are looking for someone who is:
· Experienced in working with children with social and emotional difficulties
· Committed to a therapeutic, relational approach
· Calm, patient, enthusiastic and thorough
· Resourceful and able to work independently as well as with the team
· A clear and confident communicator
· Passionate about supporting children to achieve to the best of their ability
· Confident to manage individuals and groups of pupils
· Able to listen thoughtfully and reflect
We can offer the right candidate:
· The opportunity to be part of a hardworking, professional staff team
· The chance to make a significant impact on the life of a caring, enthusiastic and interesting child
· A varied working week with opportunities to share interests and expertise and develop new skills
· A supportive leadership team and Governing Body
· A commitment to improvement and an openness to new ideas
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please call the school office on 01206 230305 or email the Headteacher, Mrs Rebecca Keitch, at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange or for further details.