Download printable version
Are you an outstanding practitioner? Do you want the rare opportunity to be part of our Newhall Primary family? If so, we would love to hear from you! At Newhall Primary Academy we are looking to appoint a Key Stage 1 class teacher on a Fixed Term Maternity Contract until end August 2021.
We are looking for highly motivated teachers who have a good skills set, high expectations and want to get stuck in with all aspects of our wonderful academy.
Post Title: KS1 Class Teacher
Contract type: Fixed Term Maternity Contract to end of August 2022. As our school is growing there is scope for applying for advertised positions for next academic year as well.
Location: Newhall Primary Academy
Working hours: Full-time
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: Main Pay Scale 1 to 6
Newhall is a new, state of the art academy situated on spacious grounds on the Newhall Development in Harlow. The 2-form school, with a capacity of 420 children, is supported by the Reach2 Academy Trust, the largest primary trust in the country. Our school will grow by two classes year-on-year until we reach full capacity. To see more information about Newhall, please visit our website.
Our children and families
The children at Newhall are enthusiastic, keen to learn and a joy to teach. We are also supported by very supportive and engaged parents and governors as well as an active PTA.
About the role
You will be based in the main Academy building and you will work in partnership with other Class Teachers. You will be supported by experienced Senior Leaders and be part of the wider Academy and Nursery Team. As a growing school you will have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with our ethos and expectations which may give you the confidence to apply for any permanent posts we will need to advertise later in the academic year. Unless you are an NQT, you will be expected to lead a curriculum subject area. Please state your specialism subject, talent or skill in your application.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for excellent classroom practitioners with Key Stage One trainee/PGCE or teaching experience
You will be someone who is highly driven and motivated, has an eye for detail, and can work flexibly and creatively.
The successful candidate will need:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- The motivation to achieve the very best for the children in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence
- Experience as an efficient and effective classroom teacher
- Experience of working with children within Key Stage 1
- Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
- To be a positive team player and be able to use your own initiative
In return we can offer:
- Excellent teaching facilities, including a Creative Arts room, a well-stocked Library and a curriculum kitchen
- A firm commitment to you and your professional development
- Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and governors
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference
- Fantastic trust-wide CPD opportunities and vast opportunities for career progression
- Wellbeing support via leadership coaching, designated PPA and leadership time and a modern, comfortable staffroom in which to take a well-deserved break.
How to apply
Should you wish to 'see' the school and ask any questions, our headteacher will host 30minute virtual tours via zoom.
Kindly contact the school to request a zoom link for one of the following dates and times:
Monday 13th September 9.30 - 10.00 or 4 - 4.30
Tuesday 14th September 9.30 - 10.00 or 4 - 4.30
Wednesday 15th September 9.30 - 10.00 or 4 - 4.30
If you are unable to visit us via zoom, we hope you will take the time to find out more about our new academy on our website.
For further information about the role, please email the headteacher, Mrs Ward : firstname.lastname@example.org or to arrange a virtual tour, please contact the school office on 01279 215480
· Completed Reach2 application forms should be addressed to the headteacher, Mrs Ward and be sent via e-mail to email@example.com by MONDAY 20th SEPTEMBER 2021
· Applicants are also asked to complete a Reach2 online Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form:
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 5pm on Monday 20th September 2021
Interviews will be conducted w/c Monday 27th September 2021.
Newhall Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Information about the School
Newhall is a new, 2-form, state of the art academy and nursery on the Newhall development in Harlow. The school has been built to accommodate 420 primary children (Reception to Year 6) and 56 nursery children (6 months to 4 years).
Our school and nursery are situated on vast grounds, incorporating sports fields, games courts and play areas. The main building itself offers a fully equipped curriculum kitchen for pupil use, a beautiful library, outbreak areas for interventions, a music and drama room and very well-resourced nursery rooms and primary classrooms.
All our staff have an excellent work ethic and deliver high quality learning opportunities for our polite and eager-to-learn children. We have a caring, family ethos coupled with high expectations and along with the Reach2 Academy Trust, we are able to provide high quality CPD for all who work here.
We look forward to having you join our Newhall family!