Download printable version
The Stanway School
Pay Range: Local Government Band £19,698-£20,092 (Point 6-7)
Start Date: September 2021
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join a team of technicians who provide a professional, customer-focused service to all users. This role is for a pivotal member of the ICT Team providing ICT services.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake activities allocated via the Incident Management System within the allocated SLA or escalated to senior staff where appropriate, updating status in the system (includes Incidents & Requests);
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of computer hardware, stand-alone machines and network;
- Undertake software maintenance including allocation of approved software requests;
- Keep the school website up to date (wordpress)
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- In- depth knowledge of the Google Workspace Ecosystem
- Knowledge of WordPress websites
- The ability to self-organise, manage personal time and work standards as well as line managing lower level resource;
- An understanding of overall IT solutions deployed throughout the Trust and technology interdependencies;
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway School?
We can offer you:
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
This post is 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date:Midday, Wednesday 22nd September
Shortlisting will take place Thursday 23rd September
Interviewing date TBC
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
About The Stanway School
The Stanway School is a heavily over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with over 1,300 students currently on roll, the vast majority of whom live in Stanway and the surrounding villages to the west of Colchester. The school is a specialist school in Humanities and Maths & Computing. We have undertaken a huge rebuilding programme and the Creative Arts block, the latest phase of our expansion project, opened in September 2018. By 2021, all year groups will be full with 280 students following this expansion of the school buildings. This is an exciting time to join an already successful school that is looking to continually improve practice: staff are enthusiastic and many take part in voluntary research groups into key areas of school life; students are well-behaved and achieve results above expectation; the culture of the school is calm and purposeful.
In March 2012 The Stanway School converted to an academy and in September 2016 joined the newly formed Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools located in North East Essex covering both Colchester and Tendring.
The Stanway School