Download printable version
Salary: GLC P15 £20,202 - P20 £23,412 (Actual Pro Rata Salary £9,303 -£10,781)
Contract Type: 20 hours per week, term time (39 weeks)
Place of Work: The Gateway Academy
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for a part time Finance Assistant to join our friendly and supportive office team for 20 hours per week term time only. We are happy for these hours to be flexible over 3-5 days for the right candidate. The role will involve assisting the Finance Supervisor and Finance Director in the day to day operational, financial and business management of the school and the Multi Academy Trust.
The successful applicant will be involved in many aspects of running a busy finance office including accounts payable, cash book, nominal ledger management, purchase orders and invoicing.
The successful candidate will have:
· Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Excel and Word
· Positive experience of working in a busy school setting or the ability to multi task, drop everything, stay calm, cope with disturbances and then pick up where you left off!
· Excellent organisation, interpersonal and communication skills
· A flexible and adaptable approach to daily tasks with the ability to work well both within a team and independently
· Ability to work efficiently and accurately whilst meeting deadlines
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date:Friday 24thSeptember 2021
Interviews will be held:W/c 27th September 2021
Interview location:Gateway Academy, Marshfoot Road, Tilbury, Essex, RM16 4LU
The Gateway Learning Community is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS disclosure.
Information about the School
The Gateway Academy is part of the larger Gateway Learning Community (GLC): a partnership of local primary and secondary schools committed to working together to achieve the highest educational standards for the whole community and is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.