Download printable version
Somers Heath Primary School
Start date: September 2021
Salary: Thurrock Band TLW/Band A £17,962 FTE, Actual salary £12,024.
Hours: 28.75 per week (5 hours 45 mins per day)
Contract: Fixed Term until 19th July 2022 (with potential extension based on a school needs review)
Location: South Ockendon, Essex
We are currently looking for a Teaching Assistant to work closely with children who have additional needs. The applicant appointed to this Learning Support role will have a proven track record of successfully working with children with Special Education Needs or will be keen to learn on the job about this role. They will have high expectations and show they can enable individuals to achieve their potential and make good progress.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have experience of work with pupils with SEND or be keen to learn on the job.
· Be a creative, enthusiastic and energetic practitioner and a real team player.
· Communicate with pupils, staff and parents effectively, both verbally and in a written form.
· Is someone who can use agreed teaching and learning strategies consistently, yet also respond to educational needs in the 'here and now' to enhance learning opportunities within a lesson.
In return Somers Heath Primary School can offer you:
· Well behaved children who are keen to learn and achieve their full potential.
· Excellent opportunities for professional development.
· A hardworking and supportive team who are committed to providing outstanding education to all children, no matter what their background or needs
· An attractive and spacious building
For an informal, confidential discussion please contact Paul Smith (School Business Manager) on 01708 853397 or email him on Paul.Smith@catrust.org.uk.
All appointments are subject to safer recruitment requirements to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people. All positions will involve appropriate checks and clearances.
Information about the School
Socially distanced school visits or informal, confidential discussions are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 01708 853397 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange these. We are proud of our children and our facilities and confident that you will want to work here.
This is an exciting time to join our school. Over the past few years Somers Heath has expanded to provide two classes across all years, Joined Catalyst Academies Trust and appointed a new Headteacher. We hope you would like to be part of our aim to provide outstanding education for all children.
Somers Heath is situated close to the M25 and A13 road links, near The Dartford Crossing and Lakeside Shopping Centre.