Download printable version
Position: Science Technician
Pay Range: Grade B (£18,524 - £20,638)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
Contract Term: Permanent
Application Close: 20th September 2021
William Edwards School is a happy and positive school looking to appoint an effective, enthusiastic and experienced Science Technician to join our friendly and supportive team. The successful candidate will provide an effective support to the teaching staff within the subject, operating both independently and as part of a team, within agreed procedures and timescales, and forming good working relationships with both staff and pupils.
As a Science technician, your tasks would include;
- preparing, setting up and checking equipment
- supporting teaching staff and students during lessons
- supporting technician staff
- putting away equipment after lessons
- ensuring a safe environment
- organising and storing equipment and checking stock
- repairing, maintaining and modifying equipment
- maintaining stock checks
- administrative tasks
This is an exciting time to join SWECET; in 2020, the Trust grew to 6 schools with the opening of the new Orsett Heath Academy which will eventually accommodate 1200 pupils. SWECET is a realistic and forward-thinking Trust which genuinely values its workforce
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
· Competitive salaries.
· Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression.
· Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
· Becoming part of a growing organisation.
· A health and wellbeing package.
· A two week October half term.
Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please Email firstname.lastname@example.org
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Information about the School
William Edwards is a very popular, oversubscribed 11-16 school, judged 'outstanding' by OfSTED. It is the strategic lead school for the Thurrock Teaching School Alliance and is part of the growing South West Essex Community Education Trust. Pupil outcomes across the school are significantly above the national average.