Download printable version
16 Hours per week + 1 hr key work during term time only
Position: Learning Support assistant Level 2/ 3 (1:1 support)
Responsible to: Pre-School Manager
Purpose of Job: To work as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the pre-school leader to provide safe, high quality education and care specifically for the young person in your care.
• To support a child with complex needs and speech delay.
• To support the child in small groups and 1:1 interventions
• To get to know and understand the child's needs and interests and use this understanding to work with the child to support and encourage
• To support the child's social and emotional well being
• To assist the child's development of social, cognitive and emotional skills
• To give support and encouragement at meal and snack times
• To help the child engage socially with their peers
• To support and encourage good behaviour to enable the child to work within the boundaries set as well as gaining an understanding of triggers.
• Support targets from the child's one plan and assist to develop next steps.
• To maintain a safe and secure environment for the child
• To help and support the child to understand her feelings and emotions and be able to try and express these in an appropriate way.
• To support the child to make good choices and encourage independent learning
• To demonstrate excellent communication and literacy skills.
• To work with the complex needs team to deliver speech and language support programmes
• To assist in observations, assessments and recording the child's progress
• To work in partnership with parents, SENDCo and other professionals involved with the child
• To plan activities to encourage continued development
• To have an understanding of Autism and be able, where possible to create an Autism friendly environment.
• To keep up to date with current thinking by attending courses, reading documents, articles etc as required to fulfil this role and attend training to support this role.
Candiadte must have a full and relevant level 2/3 early years qaulification or Level 2 LSA if asssessed in EYFS
Previous applicants need not apply