Download printable version
Part time (0.4 FTE) - 2 days per week (can be arranged to suit applicant)
Salary: Teachers Main scale / Upper scale + TLR2b
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or aspiring SENCO who is passionate about pupils with SEN and has the experience and ability to have a positive impact across our school.
What we are looking for:
An inspirational SENCO to further develop and lead inclusion and SEN within the school and join our highly committed team. Candidates should have:
- Qualified Teacher Status with a range of teaching experience
- The National Award for SEN Co-ordination or be working towards
- Experience of working with children with Special Needs and Disabilities
- Thorough knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and other relevant legislation
- An understanding of the Assess, Plan, Do, Review framework and ability to formally evidence this to parents and the Local Education Authority
- The ability to lead and support staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with SEND children, sharing good practice and classroom strategies
- The ability to work effectively with the Headteacher and SLT and Pastoral Care Manager to achieve excellence
- Good management and organisational skills; the ability to line-manage a wonderful team of Learning Support Assistants.
- Good communication skills enabling liaison with a variety of external agencies, professionals and parents
We can offer you:
- A dedicated SENCo office within the school
- Membership of the Senior Leadership Team, influencing the strategic direction and leadership of the school
- Flexibility in working pattern
- Membership of the Schools Advisory Service wellbeing package which includes counselling, physiotherapy, weight management, menopause and cancer support, nurse consultations, mindfulness sessions etc
- Highly effective, well-resourced and effective intervention strategies
- An excellent working environment where staff are happy, positive and dedicated
Visits to the School are highly encouraged, if you would like to arrange a visit or have a conversation with our headteacher, please contact the School Office.