Download printable version
Newhall Nursery, Newhall, Harlow, CM17 9SF
Level 3 Early Years Practitioner and Room Leaders (EY Learning Support Assistants welcome to apply)
Essex LGS Point 5-6 (£19312 - £19698) plus London Outer Fringe Allowance £626 pro rata
Reports to: Nursery Manager
Responsible for: Leading teaching, learning and providing quality care in the EYFS
Liaison with: Academy and Nursery Staff, Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team, Children, Parents/Carers
Closing date for applications:
We are recruiting and interviewing throughout September 2021 or until our room leader positions are filled.
START DATE: As soon as possible / October 2021 / November 2021
Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested where required.
· Responsible for leading a Room.
· Safeguarding children, ensuring excellent high quality childcare and planned activities appropriate to the age and development of the children.
· Take an active role within the Nursery Management Team.
Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
1. To assist nursery team in providing a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children in our care.
2. To work within and maintain the context of the whole Nursery team and as a member of the Newhall Academy and Nursery community.
3. To supervise staff and students in training and maintain a proactive and professional team.
4. To ensure all daily routines are adhered to and records kept up to date.
5. To maintain staffing levels, arranging cover when needed.
6. To plan and carry out activities in line with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage, Setting the Standards for Learning, Development and Care for children from birth to five, ensuring they meet with the Early Learning Goals.
7. Develop 'free flow' play.
8. Ensure assessments/evaluations are regularly completed.
9. Ensure children get the best start in life by working in close partnership with parents/carers to develop independence, confidence and self-esteem, building children's resilience and well-being. 10. Support staff development and work closely with other staff and professionals.
11. To conduct 1:1's and annual Staff Development and Performance Reviews.
12. To communicate with parents and other visitors in a calm, friendly and efficient manner.
13. To oversee an effective key worker system.
14. To liaise with other Room Leaders to provide a smooth transition for children.
15. To ensure your specific duties regarding Health and Safety and fire procedures are understood and actioned.
16. To attend Nursery management meetings.
17. To undertake monthly staff meetings outside normal working hours when necessary.
18. To organise parent/keyworker and Baby Room staff meetings.
19. Responsible for opening and/or closing of the Nursery.
20. Assist the Nursery Manager and other Room Leaders in the management and leadership of a diverse staff team.
21. To keep abreast of current issues and attend training as necessary.
22. To carry out any ad hoc projects or duties as requested by your Line Manager.
23. To take reasonable care of yourself and others and to comply with the Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery Health and Safety rules.
24. To lead and manage the nursery in the absence of the Deputy Manager and Nursery Manager
25. To have sound knowledge on learning and development of children under 2 years and/or those between 2 and 4years and be able to guide and teach others
· To attend and participate in staff meetings as required
· To participate in training and performance management as required.
These duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the Academy and Nursery at the reasonable direction of the Nursery Manager and Headteacher. This job description does not form part of the contract of employment. It describes the way the post holder is expected to perform and complete the particular duties as set out above
Information about the School
Newhall is a new, 2-form, state of the art academy and nursery on the Newhall development in Harlow. The school has been built to accommodate 420 primary children (Reception to Year 6) and 56 nursery children (6 months to 4 years).
Our school and nursery are situated on vast grounds, incorporating sports fields, games courts and play areas. The main building itself offers a fully equipped curriculum kitchen for pupil use, a beautiful library, outbreak areas for interventions, a music and drama room and very well-resourced nursery rooms and primary classrooms.
All our staff have an excellent work ethic and deliver high quality learning opportunities for our polite and eager-to-learn children. We have a caring, family ethos coupled with high expectations and along with the Reach2 Academy Trust, we are able to provide high quality CPD for all who work here.
We look forward to having you join our Newhall family!