Download printable version
Start date: Negotiable
Full-time. 37 hours per week.
Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 4.30pm
Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm
A flexible approach to working hours is required
Local Government Pay Scale - Level 5 Point 8 to 12. £20,493 to £22,183 pa actual salary.
Chase High School is a mixed, mainstream secondary school located in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex. It educates more than 1,000 students aged 11-18 from over 40 countries.
A great opportunity has opened up for an IT Support Technician to provide onsite IT support to staff and students in this large secondary school and Sixth Form College.
TheIT Support Technician will be part of a core team delivering a full IT Managed Service (Windows Server OS, 2012, 2016 and 2019, Windows 10, Hyper-V, SIMS, Cashless Catering, Data & Voice networks, A/V Classroom equipment, Printing, etc.).
You'll be based at one site, but may need to travel on occasion, working as part of a small team and gaining experience from the established members as you respond to incidents and issues logged by the users. If you are passionate about IT, enjoy solving problems, have strong communication skills and thrive on working in a busy, but pleasant environment, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Experience of maintaining and supporting networks
- Experience with the majority of the following - Windows 10, 2012, 2016 and 2019, AD Management, GPO creation, MS Exchange Management, Outlook, Skype for Business, MS Office, SIMS, Data & Voice networks, Mobile Device Management & iPads and Internet access/security.
- Experience in Installing and Maintaining AV Equipment, Projectors, Sound Systems, Interactive Whiteboards.
- Strong problem solving abilities and excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Sound planning, organising and prioritising abilities. Flexible to cope with change, be proactive and adapt quickly to the requirements of continued service delivery
- · Experienced of IT support within a team preferably within education
- · Able to carry out routine IT maintenance, administration and attend callouts
- · Able to use and develop specialist IT knowledge and skills to contribute to students' learning
- · Able to prepare IT resources to support learning activities
For further information and a full job description, please email email@example.com
Your normal place of work is at Chase High School, however, the Discovery Educational Trust reserves the right to require you to work at any other of its establishments, whether current or future. This may be for a temporary period or on a permanent basis, according to the needs of the employer.
Chase High School is committed to safer recruitment so all applicants must be prepared to undergo screening to confirm their suitability to work with children
Closing date for this vacancy:Friday 8 October 2021
Interviews will be held upon receipt of application.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early upon appointment of a successful applicant.
Chase High School is an academy that forms part of the Discovery Educational Trust
Information about the School
Chase High School is a mixed, mainstream secondary school located in Westcliff-on-Sea
, near Southend, Essex. It educates more than 1,000 students aged 11-18 from over 40 countries. Since 2011, the school has had a sixth form.
Chase High School was built more than 100 years ago and recently secured academy status under the Discovery Educational Trust. The secondary school continues to be involved in the community, forging local and international partnerships
At Chase High School, academic achievement and personal performance are pursued in equal measure. Every student matters and the school policy is to treat everyone with dignity and support.