Download printable version
We are looking for a part time Finance Assistant to join our friendly and supportive office team for 3 days per week 8.30am to 4pm with a 30 minute lunch break. Our MAT has expanded and this exciting opportunity has opened up (as exciting as finance gets!).The role will involve assisting the School Business Manager and Bursar in the day to day operational, financial and business management of the school and the Multi Academy Trust.
The successful applicant will be involved in many aspects of running a busy finance office including accounts payable, cash book, nominal ledger management, purchase orders and invoicing. We did say it would be exciting!
The successful candidate will have:
· Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Excel and Word
· Positive experience of working in a busy school setting or the ability to multi task, drop everything, stay calm, cope with disturbances and then pick up where you left off!
· Excellent organisation, interpersonal and communication skills
· A flexible and adaptable approach to daily tasks with the ability to work well both within a team and independently
· Ability to work efficiently and accurately whilst meeting deadlines
· A love of a happy workplace, a sense of humour (doesn't always go with this role), lots of smiles, a kind disposition.
If you are still reading this you must be just what we are looking for and a visit to the school is warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Frances or Tara on 01206 865722
St Thomas More's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment procedures are employed; this appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.