Download printable version
Up to £26,801 per annum (FTE)
Please note, there are three positions available:
Part time, Chelmsford: 4 to 10 hours per week, depending on curriculum needs.
Part time, Colchester: 4 to 10 hours per week, depending on curriculum needs.
Full time, Basildon.
To apply for any of these positions, please visit www.workingforessex.com
Please note this is a part time position, working 4 to 10 hours per week, depending on curriculum needs. Working hours will be discussed further at interview.
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications.
ACL are seeking to recruit a counselling tutor to plan and deliver remote and classroom based sessions in non-accredited and accredited courses to Level 3 with CPCAB awarding body.
This position will, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being classroom based
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression
- Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures
- Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
- Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
- Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
- Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills
- Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others
- To initially assess learners' starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
- To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- PTLS/DTLLS/PGCE - minimum Level 4 adult teaching qualification or be working towards this.
- Subject specialism Counselling qualification: minimum 420 hours therapeutic counselling qualification at Level 4.
- Member of professional association for counselling eg BACP.
- Minimum Level 2 English and Maths and shown good ICT skills including competent use of internet and email and learning technologies.
- Experience of teaching and learning in the Adult Education sector.
- Experience of supporting individuals to achieve accreditation and have a good knowledge of RARPA processes.
- Excellent communication skills, working as a team and working on own initiative.
Information about the School
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.