Download printable version
Work Placement Officer
Starting Salary £13,139.40 per annum (£21,899 FTE)
Located in Harlow
Flexible working times, e.g. Term-Time only or Part-time hours
(c.25 hrs or 3 days per week, or equivalent 0.6 FTE)
About the team
The Work Placement Team is responsible for building industry and employer contacts, securing beneficial and safe work placements for our learners and helping them get the most out of industry placements. The team works collaboratively with learners, employers and our teaching staff to ensure the best possible experience and outcomes for all.
About the role
The successful Work Placement Officer will work throughout all parts of the learner journey, including:
· Supporting students to develop their work readiness through engagement with employers
· Sourcing work experience and industry placements for students
· Representing the College at external and internal events, facilitating workshops, career fairs and other promotional activities within college, schools and local community
· Developing new employer and industry contacts while maintaining effective and beneficial relations with our existing employer network.
· Explaining to employers the benefits of offering work and industry placement to Harlow College learners including recruitment pipeline, community support via Corporate and Social Responsibility and helping to shape the training of the future workforce.
What we are looking for
· A proven track record of successfully engaging and developing relationships with employers, such as sales or lead development experience.
· Safeguarding Level 2 qualification or willingness to work towards it
· Experience of working in a customer service or client centred environment
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to engage new contacts by telephone or in face-to-face meetings.
· An ability to problem-solve, be flexible in dealing with work priorities and be used to working to deadlines to meet targets.
· A willingness to understand and use new technology platforms, be accurate and timely and above all help to ensure the safety of our learners while on placement.
What we can offer
The efficient and professional WPO team work collaboratively to support each other and their colleagues. The successful candidate can expect the College to fund any training required for the role, investment in their professional development, opportunities to further their career as well as an excellent benefits package including 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Pro-Rata.
Please visithttp://www.harlow-college.ac.uk/about-us/jobsto download an application pack. Please ensure you include your completed equality and diversity form with your application as your application cannot be accepted without it.
Closing date for applications isFriday 17th September 2021 Midday
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applications from all sections of the community.