Download printable version
Please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on receipt and interviews will be on a rolling basis.
De La Salle School is a caring and thriving oversubscribed fully comprehensive and inclusive 11-16 school with a committed and dedicated staff.
The Governors are seeking to appoint, for September/October 2021, an enthusiastic, experienced and well-qualifiedTeacher of Food Technology/Hospitality & Catering on a fixed term basis (maternity cover).
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- Has a proven record of excellence, including delivering consistently outstanding lessons to pupils of all abilities.
- Has the vision, drive and skills to contribute to the school development.
- Is capable of maintaining and developing exciting, imaginative and effective curriculum for all Key Stages.
- Be passionate about Food Technology, and capable of enthusing and inspiring both pupils and staff.
- Experience of teaching hospitality and catering at KS3 would be an advantage.
De La Salle School is a Christian Community. It is inspired by the vision and example of St. John Baptist De La Salle. Each person is invited to become the person God intends him or her to be. They are expected to live a life of faith and love, following the example of Jesus Christ.
All members of this community are encouraged to grow in awareness of their own unique worth. They are encouraged to use their gifts in responsible and friendly co-operation with others. Within this environment, De La Salle offers a curriculum for children of all abilities.
Whilst the successful candidate is not required to be Catholic, you would be expected to support and follow the Catholic ethos of the school.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical check and references.