Download printable version
Salary: NJC 5-6- Actual- 16,467-16796
Hours: 37 hours a week, 39 weeks per year
September 2021 start
Inspire their remarkable with us
Calling all Graduates!!!! Are you an enthusiastic graduate who is willing and able to make a difference to the lives of our SEN students? We are looking for applications from highly motivated and inspirational graduates who can provide instruction to small groups of students in Maths, English and other subjects across the curriculum. You need to be able to work effectively both on your own as well as part of a team. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience for those considering a future career in teaching and, for some, the natural progression will be onto the Schools Direct teacher training programme within the academy.
Purpose of the role:
- To implement and deliver an appropriate broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for SEN students either one to one or in small groups.
- To support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- To share and support the Academy's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- Work under the direction of the SENDCo to devise and provide appropriate support for students to facilitate an optimal learning experience
- Work as a member of a designated team, supporting departments and building professional relationships across the academy
- Take part in CPD activities in relevant areas including subject knowledge and teaching methods applied within the academy
- Utilise the management information system effectively to maintain appropriate records and assist with tracking students' progress to inform teaching and learning
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with parents and other external agencies
- To take part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open Evenings and Parents' Evenings and play a full part in the life of the Academy, supporting its mission and ethos
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We'll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We'll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what's best for your children.
- More chance to see what's out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others' experience - You're connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - Google Workspace Enterprise for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date-Thursday 16 September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today:
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
Information about the School
Greensward Academy is an 11-19 comprehensive academy based in Hockley in Essex. It is part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), a multi-academy sponsor which aims to provide the opportunity for all young learners to fulfil their real potential. The academy is graded Good by Ofsted and its results are strong, particularly in the Sixth Form which is in the top 3% nationally and top in Essex according to DfE Post 16 Performance Tables.