Download printable version
Assistant Residential Support Worker
10 hours per week, school term-time only - working pattern: Monday to Thursday 15:30 to 18:00.
Actual salary £4,421 to £4,509 (FTE £19,698 to £20,092)
We are seeking to appoint exceptional people to join our brand-new residential team at Glenwood School. This is a rare opportunity to work within an outstanding school as we prepare to open the new provision which will provide residential, educational placements for up to 20 young people living with a range of complex needs including severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties, medical needs and autism.
The primary purpose of a residential placement at Glenwood School is to provide an early intervention that brings about change in the young person's life at home by helping them learn new ways of sharing; spaces, attention, resources and control alongside the acquisition of new skills, all of which can be generalised in different settings. Throughout the residential experience we will provide a safe, secure and happy environment which demonstrates respect, care and worth to everyone involved.
Every member of our team will:
· share our values and work in 'The Glenwood Way'
· imagine life from each individual young person's point of view
· be passionate about supporting young people with additional needs and disabilities
· work as a team player who is flexible, motivated and able to form positive relationships
· Be committed to continuously learn and develop within their role
· strive to consistently make a positive difference in the lives of the young people we are so privileged to support
· be able to work flexibly
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please take note of the full job description and person specification. Please ensure the application form is fully completed before submitting.
If you would prefer an informal chat before you apply, our Head of Care Caroline Bailey can be contacted on 01268 792575.
Please note shortlisting may take place prior to the closing date.
This advertisement may close early if sufficient applications are received.