Download printable version
We're are recruiting!
We have an exciting opportunity for a number of Tutors to join the team at ReachEssex.
Reach are looking for HLTA's / tutors who have experience working with students who have SEND and/or those who are Looked After, who have experience of teaching English and Maths at a variety of levels and have a therapeutic approach to teaching.
We seeking tutors for English, Maths and Science from Year 1 through to Year 11 and want to hear from you if you can teach some or all required subjects.
We need tutors Monday - Friday term time, who are willing to commit to a minimum of 10hrs a week (most of our pupils require 15hrs a week, 3hrs a day).
We are looking for tutors to providein-persontuition, either in the home, outreach centre or school,as well as the option of online.
You will be expected to write weekly reports on the pupil's progress and engage in a robust induction and CPD training.
Many of the pupils need social and emotional support and experience of supporting students that have mental health needs including anxiety, depression and complex behaviour is desirable.
This is a zero hour contract but in some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
All candidates will be expected to attend an induction training day.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience as HLTA and/or mentoring - Desirable
- Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people in the care system and those with SEND - Essential
- Creative tutor equipped to deal with students who may have disengaged from mainstream schooling - Essential
- Positive behaviour strategy knowledge and experience of helping children self-regulate emotions - Essential
- Thrive practitioner or experience of trauma informed practice - Desirable
- Excellent written communication, timekeeping, reliability, and timely reporting
Salary: £15.00 -£20.00 per hour dependent on experience and qualifications
Information about the School
We believe in investing in people. As professionals in the helping profession, we believe and aspire to offer a better future to those children, young people and families we work with.
Success for us means unleashing the potential of each individual we engage with, so they can grow and develop each day, to be better versions of themselves.
Our values are grounded in our determination to be the change we want to see in the world, through passion, commitment and integrity.
We want to plant a seed of kindness and compassion in a generation that will produce resilience & hope and enable them to fulfill their own destinies.
Our success therefore will be measured in the lives we changed through REACH.