Download printable version
We are looking for a Midday Assistant to join our friendly team on a permanent contract. Lunchtime cover is Monday - Friday 11:50 - 13:05, term time only (6.25hpw).
The successful candidate will be hardworking, enthusiastic, self-motivated, reliable and a well organised person. The position is based at Canewdon School. However, if required, the successful candidate would be expected to work flexibly between the Federated Schools of St. Nicholas and Canewdon, taking on responsibilities in both schools if needed. This is standard for all our staff; training, for example, to often shared across both schools.
Please see job description for more details.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An approachable confident manner with the ability to relate and deal with enquiries from both adults and students
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable
• Good organisational, time management and communication skills
• Experience of working in a school, preferred but not essential
• A passion for ensuring that the school community is supported in order to achieve high quality outcomes
• A commitment to promoting the Church School ethos of both schools
• A commitment to supporting both schools in the Federation of Canewdon Endowed and St. Nicholas (CofE) VC Primary Schools
We can offer:
• A happy, committed, supportive school community - staff, parents/carers and governors
• Hard working, well behaved and enthusiastic pupils who are keen to take part in all aspects of school life
• A well established system for supporting all children
• CPD opportunities
Information about the School
Canewdon Primary is part of a federation of two schools. We value the individuality of each school; whilst we also believe that it is vital that we share expertise and resources effectively in order to survive and thrive as small schools. The successful candidate will be expected to work across the federation and travel between schools when necessary. If you believe this role is for you, then please do get in touch ahead of your application, we'd love to speak to you; normally we would encourage visits, but this is not possible at this time due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The best way to contact us is via email to email@example.com
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to our safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced eDBS clearance, good references and the completion of a successful probation period.
If you would like to contact the school to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org noting your telephone number on the email.