Download printable version
Becket Keys' students are passionate about their school and staff will tell you that this is an exciting and exceptional place to work - with an 'Outstanding' Ofsted judgement awarded in our first (2014) inspection. The school offers a high quality education in a caring, Christian environment in which each student is known, valued and encouraged to achieve his/her individual potential. We are committed to outstanding academic performance and to fostering a love of learning in our students.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and talented Learning Support Technician to primarily support two Year 8 students. Experience of supporting students with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and/ or dyslexia would be advantageous but this is not essential, as training will be provided.
The role will involve supporting the students in lessons across the curriculum. You will be expected to develop and prepare differentiated learning materials for the students under the direction of the class teachers and SENDCo, and to carry out general learning support responsibilities. You will also plan and deliver small group interventions under the direction of the SENDCo.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills in working with children with SEND.
The successful candidate will be joining an exceptional, student focused team and will:
· Have GCSE or equivalent English, Mathematics and Science Grade C/ Level 4 or above.
· Have a love of learning and be committed to their own professional development.
· Be hard working and a great team player, with good interpersonal skills.
· Be articulate and committed to achieving high academic standards for all children, including those with SEND.
· Be motivated, organised and able to work on your own initiative when necessary.
· Be kind, caring and have a patient personality.
· Be flexible and keen to take on additional responsibilities as they arise.
· Be confident in their ability to support students across Key Stages 3 and 4.
· Be able to assess students' responses to learning tasks and, where appropriate, modify methods to meet individual needs.
· Preferably, hold relevant qualifications at a level equivalent to at least NVQ Level 3 (e.g. a Foundation Degree in Education, NVQ in Supporting Teaching and Learning, City and Guilds Advanced Certificate in Learning support, ELKLAN).
· Preferably, be knowledgeable of effective strategies to include and meet the needs of students with ASD, ADHD and/ or SLCN difficulties.
Becket Keys Church of England School has 'Faith in Learning' this means that we fully expect Learning to take place for all our students on a daily basis. We also bring Faith into Learning as part of our strong Christian Ethos. This does not mean that candidates have to be a Christian, but support for the values and ethos of a Christian school is essential.
Our vision is based upon clear and concise values: Respect, Responsibility and Forgiveness. We expect our staff to know students individually and to provide them the best possible educational experience.
We are keen to appoint dedicated colleagues who are eager to support our students to achieve in all aspects of their school life and who want to be key contributors to our school's success.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need a full DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, which can be applied for once a job offer is made.
The school is committed to safe recruitment and the post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday 30th July
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Further information is available from the head teacher's PA: Emer McNeela - School Office 01277 286600 or email@example.com
Information about the School
Please visit our website: www.becketkeys.org