Download printable version
ALTON PARK JUNIOR SCHOOL
SEN LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT - 1-1 SUPPORT FOR A YEAR 3 CHILD
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 3, Point 4-5
Actual Annual Salary from: £7,649
Start Date: 2nd September 2021
Alton Park Junior School is looking to appoint an SEN Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly, dedicated teams to work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, codes of practice and school policies and procedures.
- This role will involve supporting a Year 3 SEN Child on a 1-1 basis.
- This post is 18 hours per week, 38 weeks per year - (term time only).
- Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff.
- Implementing planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher adjusting activities according to pupils' responses as appropriate.
- Establishing positive relationships with pupils supported.
- Supporting pupils with activities which support literacy and numeracy skills.
- Supporting the use of ICT in the classroom and developing pupils' competence and independence in its use.
- Promoting positive pupil behaviour in line with school policies and helping to keep pupils on task.
- Interacting with, and supporting pupils, according to individual needs and skills.
- Supervising pupils for limited and specified periods including break-times when the postholder should facilitate games and activities.
- Assisting with escorting pupils on educational visits.
- Carrying out lunchtime supervision.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you:
- Have successful experience working with children in a school/early years environment.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Are able to establish rapport and respectful and trusting relationships with children, their families and carers and other adults.
- Are able to understand and support children with developmental difficulty or disability.
- Have basic knowledge of First Aid and understanding of the School.
- Are passionate about supporting children's learning, social and emotional needs.
- Are resilient, a team player and have a positive nature.
- Demonstrate patience, calmness and flexibility at all times.
- Are able to enthuse and motivate pupils.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Alton Park Junior School?
We Can Offer You:
- A Competitive Salary.
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish.
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships.
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk.
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com quoting reference 692. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 29th July 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
Alton Park Junior School is proud to be part of the Sigma Trust.
At Alton Park Junior School, a large Junior School with a 4 form entry for children aged 7-11 years, we aim to challenge all our pupils to ensure they fulfil their potential. We promote respect and tolerance within school and our wider community which prepares our children for life in modern Britain.
Our vision is that our children will achieve well, have fun and develop a lifelong passion for learning at Alton Park Junior School and for the future.
We believe in an education which is holistic, equitable, empowering, nurturing and liberating for all members of the school and the local and wider community. This is achieved through a determined dedication to serve, through self-belief, through effective collaboration with others and sustained by ensuring transparent accountability at all levels.
Alton Park Junior School will embrace the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all.Alton Park Junior School is part of the Sigma Trust. The school is a 4 form entry for children aged 7-11 years