Download printable version
Caretaker required - May 2021
37 hours per week, 52.14 weeks. Scale 4, actual salary between £19,698 - £20,092. Holidays to be taken in school closure periods.
Connected Learning is looking for a motivated, experienced, enthusiastic and caring person to join our Site Team. The successful candidate will be based at Iceni Academy, one of the schools within Connected Learning MAT, but you may be required to work at any of the other schools in the Multi-Academy Trust. For more information about our schools and this vacancy, please visit www.connectedlearningmat.co.uk.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- A firm commitment to the Trust Schools and its ethos
- A flexible approach to their work and ability to work independently
- Strong DIY and handyman skills, for example, decorating, carpentry, plumbing
- Good communication skills as you will be liaising with contractors, tradesman as well as students and staff.
Duties will include general repairs and maintenance, locking and unlocking premises, general security, porterage, DIY, record keeping, etc. Full job description is attached to advert.
This role includes working in the school holidays when hours can be consolidated by arrangement.
Ideally you should have an awareness of COSHH, safe manual handling practices and Health and Safety.
Prior experience within a similar setting is desirable, although not essential.
Full driving licence and use of own car is essential as you may be required to attend the Academy outside of normal working hours.
Working hours to be discussed, daily working pattern to be mutually agreed.
Connected Learning Multi-Academy Trust are committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
- Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of difference backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.