Download printable version
We are excited to offer a unique, developmental leadership position. If you are thinking about headship and would like to work alongside two 'outstanding' leadership and management teams then this role may suit you.
NET Academies Trust board are looking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Associate Head Teacher to work with the head teachers of Longwood and Abbotsweld Primary Academies in Harlow, Essex. This is an excellent opportunity to develop skills and capacity in headship for school leaders who are thinking of becoming head teachers within the next couple of years.
You will be highly motivated and have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in the school, across the MAT and with other key stakeholders. You will have recent school SLT experience e.g. DHT, with an ability to effect change. You will have a positive attitude that will strengthen and build partnerships within the community and motivate children and staff.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work closely with other school leaders and to contribute to and shape policy and practice across the NET team.
The ideal candidate will be an inspirational leader who can demonstrate:
· A proven track record of raising standards of teaching and learning, leading to improved achievement and attainment;
· The ambition and commitment to lead across two of our academies;
· Affinity with NET's vision and values to provide children with life fulfilling opportunities and the freedom to make choices about their future;
· Effectiveness in developing strong relationships with the local community;
· A proven track record of effective leadership and management of people and a commitment to working in partnership with governors, staff, parents, other schools and the local community;
· A desire to maintain and enhance the existing strengths of the school, bringing inspirational drive and ambition for continual improvement that is demonstrated through improved outcomes for children;
· An ability to be forward-thinking and flexible to adapt to the changing educational landscape;
· A passion to ensure that all children reach their potential and provide all children with a happy, secure and stimulating environment in which they can learn and flourish.
If you are an ambitious leader with a clear vision, who can contribute to the development of our Trust and is committed to raising standards through the development and motivational leadership of highly skilled teams, we would like to discuss this opportunity with you. Applicants must be enthusiastic and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
NET Academies offers a unique chance to be part of a friendly and supportive team. Being part of a growing primary trust, offers a unique set of opportunities to develop your career as we are committed to staff development and training.
This is a unique post, offering a 'readiness for headship' through:
· Daily mentoring from successful head teachers in a challenging area.
· Working within two schools of close proximity to extend leadership in different contexts.
· Fully funded NPQH or senior leadership level 7 course.
· Position to understand trust level development for wider CPD.
Additional benefits at working at NET Academies Trust in Longwood and Abbotsweld Academies:
· Individual career programme for all staff
· Children who have a love of learning and a dedicated staff team
· A caring and happy learning environment
· Lead practitioner support in English and maths for planning and teaching
· Personalised staff well-being programme
· High expectations and good behaviour
· The Trust has a committed team that works hard to reach high standards in everything they do.
Potential applicants are both welcome and encouraged to visit the school. The CEO and headteachers of Longwood and Abbotsweld would be happy to meet you and show you around. Please contact 01279 421 567 for an appointment.
Your completed application form should be submitted electronically to email@example.com or by post to:
NET Academies Trust,
Latton Green Primary Academy,
In compliance with Safer Recruitment guidelines, CVs cannot be accepted. We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be expected to undertake the appropriate checks including an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2021
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 26th April 2021
Information about the School
Welcome to Longwood Primary Academy and Nursery – a school that provides children with an inspirational learning experience.
Since opening in January 2015, we have developed a thriving, successful community where children’s voices are heard and their interests nurtured. We are proud of our academic results and our achievements. The challenging curriculum we provide for all pupils is unique and, as you will see, something that builds lifelong character and resilience – in preparation for the workplace.
The recent Ofsted inspection verified that we are a Good School with Outstanding ‘Leadership and Management’ AND ‘Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare’. They reported the following in November 2017:
"The quality of teaching has improved markedly and the quality of care and contribution to pupils’ well-being is excellent."
"Parents are remarkably positive about all aspects of the school and very nearly all would recommend it. The reputation of the school has risen and, as a result, pupil numbers are increasing."
"The school’s work to provide care and support to enable pupils to flourish is exemplary."
"There is a wide range of extra-curricular activities at the beginning and end of the school day, contributing to the school’s ‘the mind, body and soul experience’."
"The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding."
"The school strongly promotes pupils’ physical well-being. Pupils understand how to stay healthy."
Our building, constantly evolving like our learners, provides an exceptional learning environment. Our pupils, taking pride in all they do and displaying excellent behaviour and attitudes to their learning, are a credit to our outstanding and committed staff.
I am proud of the school and the consistent efforts and initiative used to provide the very best opportunities for the children of our school. Our 70 things at Longwood is designed to give your child not only an education to scaffold their future but experiences that shape them as a strong person, belonging to something special.
Our wellbeing system, coupled with high quality teaching in pursuit of academic excellence, provides children with a place in which they can thrive as individuals – feeling safe and secure.
We know that providing a child with the building blocks very early on is fundamental to their success. Our outstanding Early Years facilities are designed to ensure the best possible outcomes before starting Year 1.
Visits to the school are encouraged – our door is always open. I look forward to meeting you and working with you, together enabling your child to look towards bright future.
Head of School, Longwood Primary Academy and Nursery