Download printable version
EYFS Practitioner, Pre-School
The Pre-School Practitioner is responsible to the School Proprietor, Headteacher and Head of Pre-School.
Full-time during term time plus 5 days
Head of Pre-school
Duties will include:
· The planning and preparation of activities, to meet children's individual needs. Observing and assessing key children. Maintaining development records.
· Keeping online learning journeys for each pupil
· Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
· Positive management of children's behaviour.
· Supervision of snack and lunch times.
· The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs. Contribute to the maintenance of pupils' safety and security.
· Liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the Pre-School.
· Participating in Parents' Evenings and report writing.
· Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background.
· Adhering to the school's policies and procedures. Maintaining confidentiality in the Pre-School. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
· Working as part of a team.
· Providing a good role model.
· Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
Support for the school
· Attending staff meetings.
· Reviewing and developing their own professional practice.
· Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the school Proprietor, Head teacher and Pre-School Supervisor.
Information about the School
Widford Lodge is a unique and special learning environment. We have been instilling a love of learning in pupils between the ages of 2 ½ and 11 for over 80 years.
Widford Lodge aims to educate its pupils through a broad and balanced curriculum so that they can meet the challenges of the wider world.
Children of all abilities are educated in a purposeful, safe and secure environment where emphasis is placed on the traditional values of honesty, courtesy and respect of self and others. Since September 2018 we have been a Forest school.