Download printable version
Counsellor and Play Therapist
Fixed term for one year
About the Role
· To provide counselling for pupils on a one-to-one and in groups.
· To attend appropriate meetings.
· To monitor the impact of service and provide written reports for parents and other Agencies.
· To speak with parents and other outside agencies where appropriate.
· To receive supervision on a monthly basis.
Specific Inclusion duties
· To meet regularly with the Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion and SEND and ensure smooth lines of communication.
· To work in line with the school's Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
· To investigate a range of therapeutic approaches to working with young people as and when is appropriate.
· To plan, deliver and evaluate initiatives for supporting pupils receiving counselling or play therapy support.
· To ensure confidentiality with the child unless there are circumstances in line with the school's Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy which would necessitate disclosure.
· To have a register of children receiving counselling and a clear weekly timetable of where in school and with whom support is being given.
· To support staff in identifying suitable children who would benefit from counselling.
Level 6 Points 13 to 20 £22,627 to £25,991 pro rata (actual salary £7,740.59 to £8,891.40) per annum
Hours of Work from 12:30pm to 3:30pm, 15 hours per week term time
Information about the School
Hamstel Junior School is part of Portico Academy Trust.
Portico Academy Trust aspires to be at the heart of the local communities it serves. We aim to deliver to local families an excellent primary education and create new opportunities for our pupils.